Hi Desiree,

If the extender cable is too long, you may find that the power generated by
the USB port is not strong enough to travel along the length of the cable to
the device.

I'm afraid that you may have to get a powered hub, or powered device to plug
into that cable, otherwise the cable on it's own will not have enough power
to power what ever device you plug into it.

I'm not exactly sure what you can do to fix this problem except to say that
you will have to increase the power coming out of your USB port, or nothing
will happen.

I thought it might be like a WI-Fi connection, where you can connect
repeaters to the network, thereby extending the reach of the Wi-Fi area, but
again, I'm not sure what you will need to fix this problem.

Sorry about that.

Scorpio