Hi. I don't know if it would work because it says something about booting windows in safe mode, and that would mean no speach, but now I remember the part about unchecking that thing in trouble shooting, so maybe she dan try that, then just try uninstalling it in the add/remove dialog.

----- Original Message ----- From: "angelina stabile" <angies...@verizon.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Removing Avast

Hello you have to go to settings and then go to trouble shooting then uncheck the box called self defender. Then it asks you are you sure say yes. Then go to the avast webcite and download the removable tool. I have the tool I can try to send it to you if you want. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Murphy" <mwe...@roadrunner.com>