Although I download books on a regular basis, I use a flash drive. I would think you could just connect the cartridge to your computer and delete one of the copies. HTH
Jo

From: "Cliff Smales" <csma...@att.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:40 PM
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [Blind-Computing] download dilemma

I've just downloaded a book from Nls onto a cartridge.

When I open the file for reading, I'll have two copies of the book automatically.

This will take me out of the limits of the cartridge, even though it was totally empty, prior to download.

How do I surcomvent this problem?

My cartridge appears to have a capacity of 45 hours, or minutes shorter.

Cliff Smales