Hi, everyone,

I just got a new computer last week. It has windows 7 home premium on it but I'm having a bit of a problem shutting down when I do it through the start menu. It takes quite awhile to shut down. A friend of mine told me to hit the power button but not as if to do a hard shutdown. I'm also being asked to install new updates all the time after I've already done so.

Is there something I might be doing wrong? Any helpful hint or suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

Rosemarie