Matt,
There are two ways you can go with this  option.  If you already have a
current version of Jaws, then I suggest either a desktop or laptop loaded
with Windows 7.  Most programs produced by Microsoft will function with
jaws.  There are a few exceptions which are included in the older Microsoft
Office versions like 2000 and 2003.  But there is a Microsoft office 2010
Home and Business package which is quite reasonable and contains all or most
of the programs you will need.
One of those programs is Outlook 2010 which is, in my opinion, one of the
best and most accessible e-mail software packages.  Not only does it provide
excellent e-mail processing, storage and mailing, but it also has a great
calendar which can be set up to advise you when a special date is coming up.
The Contacts list is similar to the one used in Outlook Express but this
program offers a great deal more than the software you are now using.
Office 2010 Home and business also includes Microsoft Word, an excellent
word processor and Excel, one of the best known spread sheet programs
around.

The alternative to continuing with Microsoft Windows would involve the
acquisition of an Apple system.  Apple offers similar program options to
Windows but it is much less prone to virus infections.  From what I
understand, Apple will provide upgrades to their systems at much more
reasonable rates than Freedom Scientific now requires.  However, there is a
considerable learning curve involved since you will be using an entirely
different operating system.  Some of Apple's web browsers aren't as easily
navigated as Internet Explorer.  Their Safari  system does have some access
issues.  Apple provides outstanding customer support.  These days matt, the
costs are similar when comparing a Windows based system and something like a
mac Pro.  Even now, there are many more programs written for Windows than
there are for Apple's systems.  But since many of these new software
packages aren't accessible to us with screen readers, that may not be a
serious drawback.

JOHN AND LINDA JUSTICE
WITH GUIDE DOGS JAKE AND ZACHARY
PERSONAL E-MAIL:  john_just...@verizon.net