I tried the ALT 251 keystroke. Does it say "VEE"? If so, then it works (I am assuming since I have no usable vision). ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Character code for check mark in MS Word 2007

Hi Jerry;

The square root symbol is what's supposed to be used for the checkmark
symbol.  In Googling how to type the square root I've found mixed answers.
1 post says that there is not a way to type the square root symbol but, on
the other hand I've found that typing the, ascii code, Alt + 251, is
supposed to make a square root / checkmark symbol. Be patient, I'm going to
ask the Jaws-Users list .  Take care.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: jerry martin