  From: Brad Keller
  To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:18 AM
  Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Character code for check mark in MS Word
2007

  I'm not sure about the char code for it but the symbol is found under the
  bullets option in the home tab of the ribbon. If you do an alt + H then
tab
  down to "bullets" then press space it will take you into a list of
bullets.
  There you can arrow up and down through the options. The checkmark is
there.
  Once you find it just press enter and it should place one on the page.