No. sorry if I wrote the directions to imply that.  Make a selection for
each notification icon.  When you hit Tab and it has finished with all
the items it has a few buttons and checkboxes and cycles back to the OK
button.  When you reach this activate it with Space or Enter to close
the dialog.  You will then need to hit Tab a few times more to reach the
OK button for the Task bar Properties dialog.  Use Space or Enter to
close that dialog.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org
<http://www.vinuxproject.org/>