I've read reviews on several of those off-the-shelf packages, just to get a good sense of options. Of course, I couldn't tell anything about accessibility, but since I have a turntable and receiver, I'd prefer not to buy new hardware. Some of the packages seemed to automatically create CDs, another feature I don't want. I may put some stuff on CD, although I imagine I will primarily just use the files on my computer and MP3 player. I have enjoyed getting a sense of what's out there, though.

Shari
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jac...@mailzone.co.za>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] accessible hardware &softwarefordigitizingvinyl albums

There are also various, off the shelf combinations of hardware and software out there, that involve things like turntables that specifically connect directly to PC using USB connectors, and they're meant for pretty much only then transferring the LP's into digital formats, but not sure how usable their software is as such, and, since they can only be used for one purpose, I've never bothered with them, whereas I've used audacity for various other things in past, including recording tape books, a couple of LP's, and some general audio editing, involving common actions like clipping pieces out of tracks, applying effects to them, merging multiple audio tracks/clips at stages, etc. etc., but anyway.

Good luck!

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA