Susan,

Whoever you have as your internet provider could most likely offer you an e-mail account too. But, there is a link when you go to Accounts that offers you Hotmail and a couple others inside of Windows Live Mail. Since WLM is accessible, then this account should also be accessible since the mail will show up in the WLM software. The only drawback is that you do have to be a little more careful about who is sending out the mail, your main account or your secondary because you can arrow between the two. I personally like having two accounts because if one company is down for some reason, you can still get an e-mail out. If you only have Gmail or any company and they get struck by lightning or anything, you are out of luck to e-mail at all. I don't seem to get anymore junk mail with one company or the other. Just be aware if who you sign up with says Joe's mail by google, it's still a gmail account. If you need help, you can write me offlist and I'll do the best I can.

Greg

-----Original Message----- From: susan
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 1:40 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] strange problem with a shopping site

Greg,
That thought has crossed my mind and it might be the only way to resolve
this. Would a Windows Live ID work well for this kind of thing? I had
considered adding one when I installed Windows Live, but I was afraid of
being flooded with spam and was not sure about staying with Windows Live at
the timde, having just begun using it after upgrading to a Windows 7 system.
When I first started with Windows I was using Outlook Express with a Comcast
email and had lots of problems with mail not arriving but as far as I know
this is the only problem I've had with my gmail account in my four years or
so of use. Of course, It's not as though I'd ever know for sure what other
mail was disappearing into cyberspace, would I? Anyway, I'd appreciate any
advice on setting up a Windows Live id or alternative free email account.

Susan

-----Original Message----- From: dgcnc