To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Opening Attachments in Windows Mail

I now understand your question. There are two programs that are possible here. Typically, Windows 7 comes with Windows Live Mail. Vista came with Windows Mail. Notice the presence or absence of that Live word. I know in Windows Live Mail that your friend would be in the message part of the e-mail reading her message. To get to the Attachment, maybe a picture or file, she would do Shift and Tab together. I am almost positive it was the same on Windows Mail on Vista machines but that has been a few years. Either program is good. The way you can check this is send her an attachment like a little Notepad .txt file as an attachment. When she opens your message, have her shift and tab and she will go first to your attachment, then Subject and all the other normal header stuff like from, to, date, ... This way, if your file name is not encountered but she finds the other items, you'll know something is wrong. I don't have access to a Vista machine with the program or I would verify for you.

I hope this helps but if you need more help, ask.

Greg

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Boodram