when I pull out the ethernet cable I don't want to have to go in to my list of networks and find mine and click the connect button. I want to be able to shut down my computer bring it back up and have it already connected wirelessly.

From: "dgcnc" <dg...@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 2:56 PM
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Getting my windows 7 laptop to stay connected

Michael,

I just want to make sure I understand. You have a wireless network in your location. You are choosing to connect wired with an ethernet cable to that same network. You then want to disconnect the wire and just stay right where you are and no hiccups but just continue working.

Unless somebody knows a way to make this happen, I don't think you can do this. First, why would you connect by ethernet if you have a wireless connection set up? Second, when connected by ethernet, that is not a wireless connection. So, the wireless card turns off instead of constantly trying to connect and lets your ethernet connection handle the traffic. The computer assumes you want to connect by ethernet. Third, when you disconnect the ethernet, you will have to tell the wireless card that you are again ready to use it.

The solution? Use wireless all the time and put away your cable. Or, just know that when you switch connection types, you will have to tell the wireless system you want it to now work for this computer.

Does the wireless automatically connect if you turn the computer off and then later turn it back on in your own house or space? It should do that.

Greg

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Amaro