I do not remember who all was also interested in setting a time to shut down
the computer. I just made a very basic batch file called poweroff.bat
It only has two lines as follows:
@echo off
shutdown -s -t %1
I then copied the file into the windows directory
so at the run command I will type poweroff ###
the ### is the number of seconds that I want to elapse before  the computer is
turned off.
---
Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational with
a touch of humor. There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind.
http://www.LennyMcHugh.com