Hi Mark,

You might wish to try NVDA, a free and open-source screen reader, that is free for everyone to use. I'm not sure if you've heard of it, but it has similar functionality to Jaws, although it does lack scripting capabilities, but it is still a really great screenreader. As an added plus, there is a portable version available so you could run it from a USB stick if you do not wish to install it at your job.

http://www.nvda-project.org
is the website URL.

Hope this helps!