Hi Mark,

I see that you checked the microphone and recording volume in GoldWave, but
did you check the line-in or microphone levels through Windows?

I'm just thinking that you didn't check those, even though that should have
been the first place to look before you touched any volume levels in
GoldWave.

Doing this will depend on what sort of operating system you're using, but in
most cases, you can access the volume controls in the system tray, and from
there, deal with the computer's recording levels and microphone properties
where you can increase the microphone boost and all that nifty jazz.

So try that and let us know how you did.

Scorpio