Thanks to those who responded.  Time to bite the bullet and sort it out.

again Thanks

Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <ja...@blindza.co.za>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Usin NVDA alongside Jaws

I often enough just switch between jaws and NVDA - turn off the one, and then turn on the other using the shortcuts they both have on desktop, with shortcut keys assigned.

Also, if, by accident, they both end up running, insert key + number row 3 tells jaws to pass next key through to other apps, so I can then next hit insert + Q to tell NVDA to exit/unload.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA