From: Blind-Computing [mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mauricio Molina
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 6:17 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Internet Explorer Issue

Hi All,

Since I did not actually see this message come through to the list, and
since I also got no response, I am resubmitting my question. If no one has a
solution, that's okay, but I am sending this again just to see if the list
receives it...this time.

Thanks,

Mauricio

I am trying to assist another blind computer user but am stumped on this
one. The description of the problem is as follows:

1 year old HP EliteBook Laptop, Windows 7 64 bit, JAWS 12. There are 2 parts
to this problem.

1. When trying to use the desktop icon for either the 32 bit version or 64
bit version of Internet Explorer, we are asked if we want to run this file.
If yes, IE starts. But when using either the search feature of the start
menu or the all programs sub menu to launch IE, it launches without issue. I
have deleted the desktop icons and replaced them. I have made sure that IE
runs with administrative privileges. The problem persists.

2. The second problem is that when IE is launched, the option for saving
websites to favorites is not available. I've tried going through the
Favorites menu as well as using Control+D...nothing. I reset IE to no avail.
I made sure to install all Windows updates, including IE 9, and still
nothing. Short of installing Firefox, anyone have any ideas?

Because this problem started on or around August 25, a system restore will
not work since the oldest date available is September 20 (I checked the box
to show older restore points(.

Thanks,

Mauricio