yeah, having read your other recent posts now, I suspect you must have a new-ish version, and in any case, ogg has been supported for a while...

The only other thing I can suggest is that you write in to the tech forum on the winamp site. It's a bit of a pain though; you have to be very specific about your system and setup and everything. I wrote in once and never got a response, probably because I didn't give them enough info. Luckily I was able to solve the problem on my own eventually...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2...@verizon.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] having trouble playing my .ogg files

Hi,

I think I do have the latest version of winamp. I have several books that are .ogg format.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message----- From: JM Casey
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:32 PM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com

Hmm, there shouldn't be. Winamp ought to handle these natively. That's
strange...the only thing I can imagine is that winamp isn't recognising them
because the file extension is wrong. This has happened to me before after
downloading something....

Try updating winamp maybe though, if that's not the case?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rosemarie Chavarria" <knitqueen2...@verizon.net>