hmmmm, extremely strange, I don't remember did you try setting the run as
admin feature in the properties to on/checked?

and I don't remember does it do the same with the start menu version of the
shortcut?

and third, from the file in program files directly, the .exe

I have no clue if it runs fine from the others except that that would seem
to indicate that some sort of corrupted file is dogging the recognition of
the file when you enter on it normally

if the start menu shortcut runs the same, then I can only say that it sounds
like you have a privileges problem, or a system fault

if it doesn't delay when you use the start menu version of the shortcut you
could try (depending on how much work you wish to do)
1 replacing the desktop with a stripped and re iconed desktop
and/or
making a hotkey for the start menu shortcut and using that to run it

Hope something in my rattling's here help,
inthane