Hi Elf,

Thank you for all your information here.

Trish
----- Original Message -----
From: "inthaneelf" <inthane...@roadrunner.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Defragging and Maintenance for Win/7

hi Trish,

defragmenting more than once a month is as far as I see and know useless
unless your doing a lot of file intensive and altering things on a daily
basis.

about once a month is more than enough for most regular computer users, just
you need to remember to do it then!

I use a alternative to the windows defragmentation application that is
faster than the windows version called auslogics disk defragmentation:
http://auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag

but if you wish to work with and re assign the time of the windows
application, it is in my "windows 7 useful hints" download off my grab bag
site:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com

along with numerous other useful hints for windows 7 use and repair.

or you can follow the tips out of one of it's files, "windows 7 tips and
tricks" below:
" Setting up scheduled defrags is easy:
1. Click the Start button, type defrag, and click Disk Defragmenter.
2. Click Configure schedule.
3. Choose a time when your computer is turned on, but you are not using it.
4. Click OK and Close to save your settings

Your disk will now be defragmented regularly. "

HTH,
inthane