I am totally blind, and, little bit of interface tried out worked fine with NVDA on windows 10.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2017-05-02 16:10, Arianna Sepulveda wrote:
Phil, any word on whether this will be accessible to totally blind players?

Thanks,
Ari

On May 1, 2017, at 6:01 AM, Phil Vlasak <phi...@bex.net> wrote:

Alcyone The Last City Kickstarter with playable demo
scifi Interactive Fiction under development
http://alcyonegame.com/

by Joshua Meadows
Upcoming sci-fi interactive fiction game for macOS, PC, Linux, and mobile devices
by the writer of Iyetra & co-founder of GX Australia.

GAME RELEASING DECEMBER 2017

AFTER THE FALL OF CIVILISATION,
THE CITY IS THE ONLY THING STILL STANDING.

Outpost Alcyone : the Nihility spread across the universe at close to the speed of
light, unmaking & twisting everything it encountered. We had enough warning
to protect ourselves as we saw the distant stars flicker out one by one.
Alcyone's old name was forgotten and became simply the City.

Shielded and walled away from the decimation and destruction of the void
outside, inhabitants have lived for centuries with the serenity provided by the
City's protection. Governed under the benevolence of the Six Ruling Houses,
humanity continues to demonstrate its tenacity in surviving and adapting to
whatever fate befalls it. Normal life continues - after a fashion. We persist.

But the Six are lying to us.

And the Nihility is more than we've been told.

And there's a way out of the City.

Alcyone: The Last City is a dynamic, evolving story set in the last city in the
universe. Centuries from now, in a society left stagnant, you step into
the shoes of a blank slate newly rebirthed.

A riveting plot full of political intrigue, betrayal, and survival. Alcyone's
main themes are entropy and decay, and the player is a rogue element capable
of breaking this cycle or taking control over it.

Choice drives the game and influences the story: more than giving the player
the simple appearance of control, your decisions will change the options
available to you, dictate the path your experience takes, and heavily decide
the end of the game. Will you be a force for destruction, or will your decisions
help the existing powers that be?

An ambitious story featuring half a million words & upwards of twenty hours of
gameplay, with significant replayability built in from the start.

Diverse cast of characters, and the freedom to pick a persona that reflects who
you are.

Gorgeous high-resolution, hand-painted digital artwork by
Peak Distapan
accompanies the game text to bring its writing to life in vivid detail.

Full length soundtrack composed by
Michal Korniewicz
thematically supports the story for maximum emotional impact.

Cross-platform and available on many systems and devices. Play on your tablet
or computer, the choice is yours!

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO HERE
macOS
http://alcyone.s3.amazonaws.com/mac-x64.zip
Linux
http://alcyone.s3.amazonaws.com/linux-x32.zip
Windows
http://alcyone.s3.amazonaws.com/windows-x32.zip

Also planned for iOS and Android at release.

Alcyone's Kickstarter campaign is now live
The Kickstarter campaign for Alcyone: The Last City is now live. Pledge your
support for things like DRM-free copies of the game, the digital
soundtrack/artbook,
or limited edition physical prints of the House sigils on canvas. You can
pledge to help create portions of the game, and your support helps bring the
campaign's stretch goals closer to reality:
bringing in special guest writers including David Gaider (lead writer for the
Dragon Age series) and Alexis
Kennedy (creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea).

Check the campaign out here,
http://alcyonegame.com/kickstarter

spread word of it far and wide, and lend your support over the next 8 days!
$3,967
pledged of $3,742 goal
256
backers