Hi,
I've never been a fan of Java or JavaScript. Games are becoming a lot more possible with JavaScript, I acknowledge that, but I still find it rather slow and clunky. The new Beatstar, for instance, crashed three times during installation alone. Then when I finally got it actually running it seemed a little less responsive than the older version. I can't really compare other JS based games since there's no desktop equivalent, but they don't seem as smooth as what I'm used to. Same with the new Skype. The only thing I can think of is that my system's on its way out...Maybe I'll have to try it on a newer system. Welcome to a catch22, back to the dreaded Win10 scenario! I thought I was pretty good with technology at one point but I think I'll soon have to admit that it's going way too fast even for me.
Cheers,
Damien.