Hello all,

IF you don't know me, I'm the developer of the playroom.

IF I don't release as many new games as I did before on the platform, that's essentially because I now have a job as a developer.

I have started making audiogames and then the playroom when I was teenager, student at highschool and then university. I had a lot more of free time than I have now.

Additionally, when you are developing software for your company from 8 AM to 5 PM, you may not want to develop again for your own project all evenings and week-ends; and even if you still want to, you make progress slowly as you have less time, and so your general motivation for your project also tends to decrease.

I think that many of the developer who started 5, 10 or more years ago when they were teenagers are now in a similar case. Others have no job but founded a family, or perhaps they made both; all that without counting all those who have problems with their health.

The real question should be, why could we have the impression that there are less developers, or less productive, less motivated now than 5, 10 or 15 years ago? I don't have this impression when I see all the topics in the new release forum section of audiogames.net.