Hello to my fellow gamers and or simmers.
I'd like to find a two stick handheld controller to bring my hand to ear games and simulators to life if at all possible. I was a beta tester on the old hand to ear military flight simulator Three-d Velocity or TDV for short. It is the only hand to ear product with force feedback written into the program.
I'm looking for a product that would have
1. in the flying world two sticks, the left or port side stick controls the pitch for taking off and landing and the rolling features. The right hand or Starboard stick controls the speed or velocity and the banking or turning features. The TDV project works with most of it's features with a unit with twelve buttons on it.
I'd like to see something with at least twenty buttons on it.
To not only work with all of the features of the TDV project so that one doesn't have to constantly go back and forth from the features that work from just the keyboard and those features that would work with the handheld controller, but to have as many features and as many hand to ear products work via the handheld and also foot based USB external equipment as possible to bring our favorite games and sims as close as we can to the real world. If you'd like to grab the now share ware version and it's source code, go to a web page called Git Hub at:
www.github.com
It will not work with IE 11.
But you will also need to set up a free account out on git hub as well.
I've been attempting to reach the people at Microsoft for their new up coming project called Flight Simulator 2020, for October 13th, 2020.
But getting back to the TDV project.
We started beta testing that project back in 2010, and back then the force feedback worked with handheld units that supported force feedback and the windows 7 world with the older 32 bit processors. But since jumping from the older 32 bit processors to the newer and faster 64 bit processors, we never could find a handheld unit that would support the force feedback feature of the TDV project, but also work in the world of the 64 bit processor as well. I have another games which is the older Pipe version 2 Blast Chamber game which would be awesome is we not only had force feedback written into the program but also shock feedback since we're down in the sewer and smell feedback as well.
Like I stated, I'd love to have a unit that would
1. Support force feedback and shock feedback and hopefully smell feedback.
2. would not only work with the TDV hand to ear flight simulator, but also work with the Microsoft Flight simulator and other flight simulators and also with as many hand to ear products as possible so that we can untie ourselves from the keyboard. If there's any other flight simmers out there, I highly recommend that you take a look out on face book and more importantly out on you tube as well. I know like most of us, I too like something that is as close to the real world as possible as possible. I know that Thrust master had a Flight Yoke and a twistable throttle package, but could it
1. support force feedback.
2. Have enough buttons so that we could enjoy not only flying but also gaming like our sighted friends enjoy?
If you'd like to write me off list, I can be reached at:
kolesar16...@roadrunner.com
I thank all who can help me out.
Ron Kolesar KR3DOG
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
And
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG