3Kingdoms (3k.org) has most of what you're after, though it's crafting system isn't as developed as you might otherwise like. There's always folks online, (sometimes over a hundred of them), and while the main gist of the mud advancement is combat, you can decide not to do that, and just hang around being social.  Lots of players have done that over the years, and some still do.

There aren't races per se, but there are lots of guilds, and you can choose any of them, and even leave and join other ones if you decide it isn't for you.

They have been trying hard to make the mud interesting for all players, even the social ones, since they have literally hundreds of emotes for various social actions.

Hell, if you don't want to grind your levels, you don't even have to do that, you can simply go into the adventurer's hall, and press the XP button as many times as you like to get to the desired level.

If 3k doesn't suit you, then you can try

lostsouls.org.

Last time I played there, it still had a very active player base, and on that mud, you do have a choice of races, even some I've not seen elsewhere.  They too have lots of guilds/associations you can be a part of, and while I absolutely loved the mud for years and years, at some point, they expanded the world, making it 2 or maybe even 3 times it's previous size, and while that probably won't cause issues for folks who have never played there, it was just too much for me, having played there for roughly 15 years, suddenly not knowing how to get anywhere pissed me off too much to continue the play, but for you it may just suit your purposes.

I've not been there in several years, so it's possible it changed, but it might be worth a look for you.

Also, both 3K and lostsouls have screen reader friendly interfaces, which make it just that much easier for us blind players to accomplish things without screenfuls of spam every few seconds.