Ancient angu8ish has plenty of players, but races aren't really an option.  There are various guilds there, (shapeshifters being one of them), but AA is most definitely a grind xp type of mud. You'll find most players on there (and often times there are only a few), but occasionally it balloons to loads, but I've seen AA when it was in it's hay day, many many years ago, and it certainly was an active place then.  Some of the old players drop by from time to time, but it's more to chat in their guilds, not really to generally shoot the breeze , 3k is good for that, it's got all kinds of chat lines, and it can get quite spammy if you're on too many of them, but I mainly go to 3k for the shear fact that I've been playing there since the early 90s, so it's where I go when I'm tired of everything else, and just want to relax.