Minions, aside from skeletons, will also regenerate with time. If you're using skeletons and favor a slow playstyle, the ebony demon can be helpful, as it lets them regenerate five or six hp every tick.

As for the quest (spoiler warning here - you've been warned):

Once you pass through the stomach, you'll find a fissure on the southern wall. Take it and you're on the right path. The necromancer is west of the guild hall.