From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dan Rossi
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 3:07 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] Good food practice

I agree with Robert.  Most wood has a natural fungicide and if you put a
piece of raw chicken on a plastic board and one on a wood board, then remove
the chicken.  After a few hours there will be much more salmonella on the
plastic board than on the wood board.

Personally, I have one wood cutting board and I use it for everything.  I
wash it thoroughly between uses.

It makes my skin crawl to hear knife blades scraping along those glass or
lexan cutting boards that people use.  I can feel the blade dulling just by
that horrible sound.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From
Various List Members At The Following Address:

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: