Well, my guess is that you simply like seeing S T U F F! and that's okay. Just 
tell your wife or s.o. to now and then, toss something from the pile you've 
made of things that clearly have no further function.
Or, take a deep breath, bring in a toploader, shovel the whole caboodle in and 
say goodbye and have a stiff drink.
Or, find a percussionist who specializes in avant-garde music. Those folks will 
take any- and everything that can be hit, plucked, slapped, whatever.
Or, just keep adding anything and everything to the pile til you can no longer 
enumerate its contents. You'll then be bored with it and can toss it.
There! that's four steps. Do you really need 8 more <grin
Jay

> ----- Original Message -----
>From: "Barry Levine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: <[email protected]
>Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:47:36 -0500
>Subject: [BlindHandyMan] I'm a pack-rat!


>Hi Folks,

>I'm just writing this out of frustration with myself.
>My workshop, which is as old as the house... Twenty years, is filled with
>the detritus of projects going back those twenty years, and I can't seem to
>get myself to throw anything away!  What's wrong with me?  I need a
>twelve-step program... Pack-rats anonymous.
>"Hello, my name is Barry Levine... And I keep workshop crap!"

>I have scraps of odd-shaped wood which are good for nothing, except the
>fireplace.
>I have specialty nuts, bolts and various other fastening hardware which, if
>they ever had a purpose, I've long since forgotten what it is.  But, of
>course, you never know when you're going to need a specialty fastener for
>something which, currently, doesn't exist.
>I have old power tools which no longer work.
>I have table-saw blades with broken teeth.  Anyone in need of a 10 inch
>sawblade with broken teeth?  Didn't think so.

>I have scraps of PVC... Again, good for nothing.
>I have old Christmas tree lights which found their way to my workshop a
>decade ago because they weren't working.  They're still not working.  Am I
>going to bother to fix them?  No!  So, why do I still have them?
>Why do I have allen wrenches which came with something or another, yet I no
>longer own the something or another?
>Why do I hang on to a handsaw which is hopelessly bowed?
>Why do I have spools of speaker wire for speakers which I no longer have?...
>Speaker wire that I'll never use again, having long since moved on to other
>types of speaker wire?  Is it a sin to throw away old speaker wire?
>I have an old toybox down there, which one of my kids broke when he was
>about 5 years old.  He's now twenty-two.  And, the toybox wasn't anything
>special when we bought it!  Though, I suppose it does serve a purpose in
>that it is the storage place for a whole bunch of other crap which I'll
>never need or use again.
>I have an old wooden kitchen chair waiting to be fixed.  We replaced that
>entire kitchen set about 5 years ago.  We got rid of it... Except this
>chair... Which, of course, is still sitting down there, waiting for me to
>fix.
>And the old paint!  The paint cans!  Paint cans from when the house was
>first built!  Can you believe it?
>And batteries, and battery chargers... From tools which no longer work.
>But, you just never know when they might spring back to life, and if I threw
>away the batteries, I'd be sunk.  So, there they sit... Just waiting for a
>purpose in life.


>Does anyone know of a cure for this disease?
>I'd be forever in your debt!

>--Barry






>To listen to the show archives go to link
> http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>or
>ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

>The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

>The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
>http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

>Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various 
>List Members At The Following Address:
>http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>Visit the new archives page at the following address
>http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
>For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
>just send a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Yahoo! Groups Links









To listen to the show archives go to link
 http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
or
ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/

The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday

The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various 
List Members At The Following Address:
http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
Visit the new archives page at the following address
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/  
For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy Man list 
just send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindhandyman/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to