Hi Carl,

You first go to the for the people site which is also known as the FTP site.
The URL is

http://www.ForThePeople.com

I can't remember all of the steps but you first have to join the site. For
this you need a username and password. You can have two usernames, people
often give themselves a sort of nickname, for example Phil Par calls himself
Morning Drive, others just use their actual name.

You will then have to download a chat client called Chatterbox. Do not
confuse Chatterbox with Tim Cummings <GRIN>.

There is also a link to scripts you can instal for Jaws if that is your
screen reader programme which makes it work better.

Once you have all that set-up you can then enter the site. It is broken down
into what are known as rooms. This is a list you can arrow down, you will
see the name of the room and the number of people in the room followed by a
list of the names of the people in that room.

You press enter on the room you want to enter and your name will be added
and you will hear if anyone is talking.

To talk you press the left CONTROL key on your computer and hold it while
you talk, release it when you are done. It works like a two way radio in
that sense, press to talk, release to listen.

You need speakers or head or ear phones and a microphone connected to your
computer. I use a notebook computer with speakers and a microphone built in
and many people like the little head sets with a microphone mounted on a
small boom in front of their face.

If you are not too used to setting things up on your computer you might like
some help with getting this going but once on there are many people you may
enjoy.

The room that Phil is talking about is called the Blind Handyman room. Not
just us meet there though, we allow anyone in  not like we could really stop
them, all are made welcome or I think so anyway, they are usually courteous
to me which should indicate a fairly high tolerance.

Hope this helps.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens