  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Pocket hole jigs.

  i don't know enough to even get this far.
  What is "pocket" about the joinery?
  Further, doesn't joinery mean "joining"?
  So is this for tongue and grove planks to be screwed together?
  I'm not that bright, till I get it. :)

  On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Mickey Fixsen wrote:

  > I have been using 2 different models of the Kreg pocket hole tools for
years. They are quality tools and well worth the price. As long as you have
made good cuts on the boards, the pocket holes make very tight, strong joints.
These tools are easy to use with very little learning curve.

  > You must use the proper screws to make the system work correctly. All of
the screws for this purpose have a flat pan head toward the shank of the screw
and the top of the screw head is a low dome with a square drive. There are fine
thread self-tapping screws for hardwood and coarse thread self-tapping screws
for softwood. I think there are even special thread screws for particle and
fiber board, although, I have used the coarse thread screws for this purpose
with good results. They are available in various lengths and with different
coatings, depending whether for indoor or outdoor use.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/86xolB/TM