-----Original Message-----
From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Michael Baldwin
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 8:41 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] figuring out how steep a slope of a hill
is.

Use a board and hold it straight and level from the top of the hill, then at
the end of the board measure straight down to the ground.
for every 12 inches in length, a 27 percent grade will drop 3.24 inches.
for every 12 inches in length, the drop will be 1.8 inches for a 15 percent
grade.
I would do this a few places a long your hill just to get an average.
Michael

  _____