Honda and other manufacturers make relatively small portable
gasoline driven generators in the 500 watt to 1000 watt range.
the one I saw was a few years ago and was small enough you could
easilly pick it up with a provided handle.

I'd guess they cost at least a couple hundred bucks, and of
course require gas, oil and maintenance to some extent.

they're not too noisy these days and are pretty appealing if you
don't mind a rather dirty 2 cycle engine spewing fumes about.

Inverters using car batteries are not going to run a decently
sized power tool for long if at all. 5 or 7 hundred watts at 12
volts is a lot of juice for a car battery and might get you an
hour or three of use.  Also heavy and need to be stored and
charged where any hydrogen leakage during charging can't collect
and cause a fire danger.

tom

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered