I have an interesting problem. There is a concrete wall to which part of my
porch roof is attached. About 30 years ago my late father-in-law made a white
mixture to put on the wall. It consisted of lime, white silica sand and white
cement. Because of a leak in the roof there are water stains on the wall. Even
though it is outside it was protected from the rain and snow. I am trying to
figure out what I can paint it with that the lime will not burn through. I have
been thinking about the wall dry formulas that are to be painted on walls to
stop water from weeping through. I spoke to two paint departments and none has
a solution for me. When they start out saying "I guess this product will work"
I  back away.
Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/