What was the manufacture, because i had a Motorola modem and the
install for it was crazy.
You first had to put the modem in and then do the driver. Now pull
the modem out and redo the driver. Then put it back in and most of
the time it saw the modem. The disk that came with it was all in
Chinese including file names, so it was good old knowledge that
picked the right file.

At 12:03 PM 8/1/2007, you wrote:

>Hi all you computer guys,
>I have an interesting problem. I was given an older windows 98
>machine to clean up and donate to someone or charity.
>Since all of the disks were there I with some help first did a fdisk
>to erase the hd.
>I then reinstalled windows 98, the mb drivers, the sound card
>drivers and the modem disk was missing.
>I tried standard 56k v90 with no success. I then pulled the modem to
>see who made it and no name. We then took the fcc number to locate
>the manufacturer. They had only two drivers one for win 98 and the
>other for windows me. Downloaded the 98 driver and it still does not work.
>Any ideas, I don't want to spend $25 for a new modem just to give it away.
>
>Lenny
><http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/>http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/

Tim
trouble