So, lets add anothr question to this. Does it make sense to lower the
temp at night in the home or leave it set at the same temp day and
night? The thought is by lowering it 3 to 4 degrees at night while
your asleep, it would run less, but then if the heatpump has to fire
up the backup heat source which is likely electric itself and run at
the same time to raise the temp up the 3 to 4 degrees, have you really
saved anything.

Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Aug 27, 2007, at 11:21 AM, Dan Rossi wrote:

> Actually, I think that a heat pump is supposed to be more efficient
> than
> just straight electric heat, but not exactly sure how it works out
> that
> way.
>
> --
> Blue skies.
> Dan Rossi
> Carnegie Mellon University.
> E-Mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Tel:  (412) 268-9081

If you would like to join the Blind Computing list, then visit the following
address for more information: