From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of robert moore
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 7:26 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Rebuilding the 4.3 B6: Maybe

I am giving some thought to rebuilding the 4.3 that I am taking out of the
Jimmy. Well actually rebuilding might not be the proper term.
If I do this at all, and I don't know if I willl, I again will be doing it
for the simple reason of the sence of accomplishment. I won't do it until
next summer. No heat in garage and not a lot of room. But I digress. What I
am really looking to do is freshen it up.

I have a list of things in my head for what I think needs to be done when
going through an engine like this.
What I am looking at goes some thbing like this

The things I think I would need to replace are all of the gaskets Head,
intake, oil pan, valve cover
Inside I am looking at rings, connecting rod bearings, front and rear main
seals, I think also as long as it is out and easy to get at I should replace
the timeing chain or belt. I think this one has a chain but not sure.

Question is, Can I get a one stop complete kit for this type of job? Also
have I missed any major category?
As I am thinking about it I know I have failed to mention a few small things
like throttle body base gasket thermostat housing gasket and so on but I can
check the list later.
Now my other question is about prepping the cilenders. Can I do this at home
with a drill and a honing stone like I used to do in small engine shop or do
I need to drag it to a shop. I am not looking at boring it out or going with
an oversized cam or any of that Like I said Just want to freshen it up.
Let me know your thoughts.
Robert Moore The sleep shade mechanic.
Really I don't thingk of myself so much as a Mechanic, I call myself an
automotive handy man.