  From: Geoff Eden
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 10:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Resawing planks.

  Hello all, 20 plus years ago I had a friend who had a chainsaw sawmill. It
was a very heavy angle iron bed with a trolley that carried the chainsaw
probably 16 feet. I saw him slab logs and rough all kinds of planking. He used
a thickness plainer and all of his lumber was mature and milled perfectly. Oh,
he cut his own trees too.

  As I recall, he had a number of chains for his saw, and I recall him saying
that he had a special chain for ripping smaller sizes.

  There you go Dale, a perfectly good excuse to buy a chainsaw.

  Geoff