  From: Dale Leavens
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 5:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Resawing planks.

  I've done that sort of thing with my table saw countless times too. I want to
make two half in by 10 inch boards out of a rough sawn 1 by 10. The articles I
read tell me to scribe a line then with a fence either deflected or a proper
resawing fence which it appears is slightly crowned in line with the leading
edge of the band saw I slowly guide the board on edge through the saw keeping
it perpendicular using the fence but keeping the blade from wandering by
steering the board following the line. I am not inclined to use my fingers to
assist with this guidance. I am wondering though if there is a reasonable
alternative or maybe another way which the optically enabled are less aware of
since they have no need for it. I have a sense that there may be, there is a
pretty big business in power feeders out there and it seems to me this may be
one automated and useful application for them. As far as I know, power feeders
don't watch a cut line particularly well either.

  Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Skype DaleLeavens