  From: Anthony Padua
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:18 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Re: Hear It Coming, Before It Knocks You Over.

  Well what you said about the dog having to learn that a soundless car poses a
threat, proves my theory. I don't think that dogs can see as well as humans.
Just a theory. Oftentimes I have noticed that a dog that normally won't bark at
you, will if you are wearing something different. My guess is that he goes more
by what you are wearing, which is a larger object, then your face, itself, in
order to identify you.

  In Detroit, there is a lot of honking. They refer to them as honkies. But
that's a good thing, though I think. In Detroit, they honk at you, just in case
you didn't see them. I live in San Antonio now and it's the opposite.

  Why not an ordnance to honk at the blind if you have a silent car. That way
it won't be condisered as rudness, but as a safety factor.