Yes, the Cobolt is the 9V modle and the AA modle which I thought would
be better in fact didn't hold up as long. The little piece of metal
that acts as the negative contact for the battery fell off mine and I
haven't figured out how to put it back on. It is similar and really
the only real advantage of the German modle is the fact it's slimmer.
They work essentually about the same, but the German modle would act a
little silly, but I attributed a lot of that to the poor battery
contact design. I don't know why someone can't design one of these
that actually is worth it's weight in gold.

On Mar 4, 2008, at 7:22 PM, Tom Fowle wrote:

> the 9 volt one if the Cobolt from england.
> The Aa battery one is a german knockoff, I believe available
> from Maxi aids
>
> they use the same speech but the German one is much poorer quality.
> but they're based on the same technologies and tape reading
> techniques.
>
> The german one is more expensive.
> both seem to have varriable reputations, some love and some
> hate them.
>
> Tom Fowle

Scott Howell