Howdy Folks,

We've had a central vac system since we built the house 23 years ago.
We've, just in the past year, replaced the motor and cannister.  We've
replaced the hoses a few times throughout the years, but are on only our
second vacuum head.

We've enjoyed the ease of use.  Yes, you still need to deal with the
hoses... But, they're not quite as bulky or heavy as a whole vacuum cleaner.

We had outlets placed in every room, plus the garage, my workshop, other
areas of the basement, etc.
We also have that dustpan thing in the kitchen.  It's placed at a baseboard
and works great.

One of the best features of a central vac system is the motor, therefore,
the suction power.  All in all, we've enjoyed this central vac setup.  But,
as with anything else, it's a matter of personal preference.

--Barry