Hi Curtis,

Judging by the one we use at work, the suction is comparable to standard
canister vacuums, and, depending on where you are located in the system, or
how powerful a system you get, the suction can be better.

The one we currently use at work actually has two types of rotary brushes
attachments.

One for regular floors, which uses attached power supplied by the hose, and
a second, more smaller rotary attachment which is used for upholstery, like
couches and arm chairs.

While the first for floors uses the on-board power supplied with the hose,
the second one uses air pressure to spin the brushes.  This goes to show you
how powerful the suction is with these units.

Victor Gouveia