  From: Ron Yearns
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 1:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] I am back and have a sewer line problem.

  Is the cleanout you mentioned on the kitchen accessible from outside the
house. That should be considered a ground level cleanout unless the kitchen is
on the second floor. Has a snake been put down this cleanout? Approximately
what size, diameter is this clean out plug? If you have been talking with a
plumber, did he talk anything about using a electronic pipe locater to find the
route this pipe takes. Do you know where the main city sewer is? Is there a
manhole cover that might line up with your property? This could give you an
idea of the depth and possible direction change. This of course depends on if
there is a lateral main and other houses are tied in also. You might try
probing with a steel rod in the bottom of your hole to see if you can find a
pipe.
  Ron