Haven't got the slightest ideal what the plakes are for. But believe this
formula works as well as the powder they sell in the store.
RJ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Tuck Pointing?

  what purpose do the ivory flakes perform? Is it for a wax component to the
  mix?
  Will this actually hold back leaks?
  On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, RJ wrote:

  > Years ago, a old cement man told me how to solve this problem with little
expense. The recipe when something like this. A bag of white cement, 1/4 cup of
rock salt, and 1/3 cup of Ivory flakes. Put the salt and ivory flakes in a 5
gallon bucket, 1/3 full of water , dissolving the salt and soap and add the
cement to make a thick pancake like batter, spreading it on with a wallpaper
brush. I just purchased a rental and the city code enforcer was going to
condemn the building if I didn't repair the foundation. Had it done in a day.