RJ,

thanks.  I am just curious as I've noticed some rotting mortar joints in
my basement.  I had the entire outside of the house pointed last year, and
am now considering what to do, if anything, about the foundation.

We were getting a bit of water seepage in one area of the basement, but I
figured out that the problem was that one of our down spouts had blocked
up and water was jetting out of the side of it and had washed away a bunch
of dirt right against the house.  I fixed that and the seepage has
stopped.  I guess I will type more about that little project under
separate heading.

Thanks.

--
Blue skies.