It sounds like a compressor problem.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jennifer Jackson
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 2:35 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] air conditioner

  I have a forced air central unit and it is not working. I have a work order
through my so called home warranty that should have a guy here on Monday, but
in the meantime we are really hot. I thought I would describe the problem and
maybe you all will have a simple answer. I sure hope so.

  It comes on inside and acts normal, just no cold air. The outside unit will
try to come on and then quits. We reset the circuit breaker and changed the
fuses in case that did it, but is there something else I could check?

  Jennifer