Ron, we usedliquid nails in this house for installing bathroom marble
type  4 by 8 sheets.  Like Dale Evans mentioned we had to hold it up
but I am reminded  that that liquid nails we used  was dispensed  thru a
caulking  gun . it can be purchased  in smaller tubes too. However , at
that time it was suggested by the manufacturer  that  we   apply the
liquid nails in different patterns  , like swirling, then  move the wall
board panels up against the wall. hold it and then pull back for a few
seconds then  apply the board and using  gloves like Jennifer described
smoothed and held that  panel up.  it , the panel would not move now
unless  the house fell down.  we also used it, the liquid nails  on some
outside corner molding in the bathroom as well as   to apply it to that
roll out rubberized  baseboard. Lee

 On Mon, Oct 13,
2008 at 09:30:28AM -0500, Ron
Yearns
wrote:
> There is a product called liquid nails that is kind of a contact cement or
> can be used like rubber cement.  Any way it is made for the type of work you
> are talking about.  Its primary  use is gluing flooring to floor joists along
> with nailing or screwing and also gluing paneling to sheetrock.  The
> construction adhesive is the general naim for other brands.
> Ron

Anyone who uses the phrase "easy as taking candy from a baby" has never
tried taking candy from a baby.
                -- Robin Hood
Come and chat with me at #quietzone on irc.newnet.net