Howdy. I have had a couple of home energy audits done over the years and
I am told there are three big enemies in this house. the first and
biggest is my sump pumps because the off / on of the pumps  runs the
bill up. another one I knew about was our big  not sure if it is 23 or
24  cubic inch Maytag  side by side frost free  refrige/ freezer. but
what was a surprise to me was the water bed. again the off and on of
that heater apparently runs the bill up. I am all for unplugging
anything including the  can opener  to save money. look back at what
blind folks had 50 years and more and i think  oh boy are we spoiled.
especially here in the United States. Lee

--
Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
                -- Lt. Col. Ollie North