I am not sure if this Panasonic model is still being produced but after I
read the following post, I purchased it, and I can say, that it is the most
blind friendly non-talking microwave I have ever owned.  It doesn't have the
so often found touch pad panel, rather a raised button pannel that is easily
felt.    I really like mine.

Review of the Panasonic microwave oven model NNT994SF by a blind person
below:

I figured out the timer so I added that and a couple of other minor points.
think the defrost feature is another censor thing so if you want to
experiment with that, you'll be able to figure it out. If you just want to
enter a
defrost, they recommend setting the power level at 3, so here's the final
unless
someone else finds out something.

Gail

                    Panasonic microwave oven model NNT994SF

The top of the panel is a display.. Below the display is an array of buttons
which are quite prominent. They are as follows. I will go from left to
right.

Row 1: power level, popcorn, sensor reheat
Row 2: 1, 2, 3, Breakfast
Row 3: 4, 5, 6, lunch-snack
Row 4: 7, 8, 9, side dish
Row 5: timer, 0, clock, dinner
Row 6: quick minute, function, more-less, invert-turbo-defrost
Row 7: start, beverages
Row 8: stop-reset, keep warm

To set cooking time, you press number keys and then start. For example, to
set it for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, press 0230 then start. Like most
microwaves
you press two digits for the minutes and two for the seconds.
If you want to cook using half power, first you press the power button five
times and then you set the time and press start. The power button works on a
percent scale, so 5 presses is 50 percent. If you don't press power at all,
it
cooks at high power, 100 percent.
If you press keys and you don't hear a beep, press stop/reset and start
over.
If you press breakfast once and then start, the setting is for one bowl of
instant oatmeal or comparable hot cereal with liquid mixed in.
Press breakfast twice and start for 2 to 8 links of breakfast sausage.
Press breakfast 3 times and start for an omelet.
Press lunch once and start for soup, 1 to two cups, covered with vented
plastic wrap.
Press lunch twice and start for frozen entrees, 8-32 ounces.
Press lunch 3 times and start for frozen pizza. This is for small single
serving pizza.
Press lunch 4 times and start for one frozen pocket sandwich.

Press side dish once and start for baked potatoes, 4 maximum, pierced
several
times with a fork.
Press side dish twice and start for fresh vegetables, 4 to 16 ounces.
Press side dish 3 times and start for frozen vegetables, 6 to 16 ounces.
Press side dish 4 times and start for canned vegetables, 15 ounces.
Press side dish 5 times for white rice and 6 times for brown rice, 1/2 to 1
1/2 cups prepared as the package directs.

Press dinner once and start for frozen dinner, one, 11 to 16 ounces.
Press dinner twice and start for pasta, 2 to 8 ounces, with water as package
directs.
Press dinner 3 times and start for stew, 1 to 2 cups. This is for stew that
has been cooked or for canned stew, maybe for frozen.
Press dinner 4 times and start for ground meat, 16 to 32 ounces. This is for
meat that has been broken apart to brown for a casserole or other recipe.
Press dinner 5 times and start for fish fillets, 4 to 16 ounces.

This is sensor cooking and with what I've done it has worked very well, but
I'm  going to experiWith this sensor cooking, I'm ment and time things as I
do
them to make sure it works the way I expect it to..
It says you can put in a plate of food for reheating, press sensor reheat
and
start and it will reheat the food..
This works.

With the sensor cooking, when it beeps twice, this means it's almost done.
The function button is to shut things off or turn them back on, like the
beep
and a child lock.

The popcorn button is another sensor cook and it's for popping in a
microwave
popper or one bag at a time of microwave popcorn. I'd stick to just putting
in the time or else experimenting with this one.

To set the clock, press clock, enter the time using the numbers and press
clock again.
To set the timer, press timer, enter the amount of time you want using the
numbers. Press start. The microwave will not run but after the amount of
time
you put in, it will beep five times.

Quick minute sets it for a minute. If you press it for the number of minutes
you want, you don't have to use the numbers. For instance, if you press it
five times and then press start, it will cook for five minutes.

Beverages works the same way. If you want to heat a cup of water, press it
once and press start. If you want to heat two cups, press it twice and press
start.

This should get you started. I'm keeping this file so if anyone has any
other
additions, let me know. If it becomes more complete, I'll put it on the list
again.

: